Saturday, 10 March 2012

Balance in photos and actions


February was about collecting instances of my word, Balance. I found it everywhere - in my photo archives (me in the denim dress trying not to fall over on a sand dune), in magazines (Psychologies, bottom right), in art (Adam Pretty's image of divers in China), postcards (UPPERCASE's gorgeous Work/Life 2 promo), cereal packets and bills.

Now to put the word into action. Mine was simple - I started a beginner's T'ai Chi class this week. So far, so good! It's already struck me, the discipline you need to keep being balanced - within the movements of the 'form' as they call it, and life in general. This isn't just something I can fix once, I know I need to keep working at it. I can already see that practising the physicality and the mental state of balance in this way is going to be really good for me.

2 comments:

  1. Hummm. Very interesting post. Makes me think about my own life and how I can better balance everything. I have an illustration in that work/life book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey April - wow, off to check out your work :) Yeah, I think before I thought of it as 'struggling' to keep my balance but, I dunno, 'practising' seems a better word. I'm realising that there isn't an end goal to this really, which funnily enough is something I know I struggle with! :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by :)
Have a crafty day xx