Tuesday, 17 January 2012

Little Book of Dad


...Much like the Little Book of Calm, only less philosophic and less likely to be swallowed by Bill Bailey in an episode of Black Books.These are my not-so-new favourite thing. I've made a few now and they're very neat birthday presents when you have no cash and a surplus of crafting supplies.
I got the idea from Celine Navarro. She clever. Quick run down of how you make these:


Gather your supplies. I resized a load of images of my dad to the same square format and printed a sheet of them off. Cut them out and decide on the size of your book.


Cut your paper pieces and fold. Make sure they're exactly the same size. Then stick each one, back side to front side, until they're stacked up as a book.


Then you'll need some wide sticky fabric. Mine is from the FabRips range at Studio Calico. Cut to size and stick to the spine. And there you have it! Easy peasy. Here are the insides - a little cheesey I'm afraid. You're only 56 once:


He said he'd treasure it. That's good enough for me :)
In other news, picture two won the Balance photo - thanks for your help!

4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic little book!!! Love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so easy to make. Small with a big impact :)

      Delete
  2. I love this, Lara! May have to steal that idea, if you're ok with that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Steal away :) and show me what you make x

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by :)
Have a crafty day xx